To use a picture to watch cell values in other sheets, we use the Camera tool in Microsoft Excel 2010.
Camera Tool – Camera tool creates a mirror image of the selected area, and this tool is used to prepare a dynamic report. It is quite useful when you can make changes in dashboards and reports. It automatically updates data from one place to another at the same time.
Camera Tool is not included in the main toolbarsin Microsoft Excel. We have to add it through the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT).
To add the Camera tool follow the below given steps:-
- Open the Excel workbook.
- Go to the top of the Excel worksheet.
- The Customize Access Toolbar’s icon will appear.
- When you click on the icon, a drop down menu will appear.
- From the drop down menu, select More Commands.
- The Excel Options dialog box will appear.
- Select All Commands from the “Choose commands from” list.
- Find the Camera Tool from the commands.
- Click on the Add button, and click on OK.
- The Camera tool will be displayed at the top of the Excel sheet.
Let’s take an example to understandhow we can use a picture to watch cell values in other sheets.
We have data in the 1st sheet of a workbook.
To prepare a dynamic report, follow the below given steps:-
- Select the data range C4:G10.
- Click on the Camera icon at the top of the excel sheet.
- The Cursor point will get changed to a “+” sign.
- Click on the 2nd sheet in Excel.
- The Image will get created.
Note: When you make any changes to the main data,the image will get updated automatically.
This is how we can use a picture to watch cell values in other sheets in Microsoft Excel.