In this article, we will learn how to calculate the date of the nth specific weekday of the month in Microsoft Excel 2010.
Consider a scenario in which you want to find out a formula that will show the date of Nth specific day weekday of the month.
We will use DATE & WEEKDAY functions to get the output.
DATE: Returns the number that represents the date in Microsoft Excel date-time code.
year: The year argument can include one to four digits. By default, Excel uses the 1900 date system.
month: It is the second argument that represents the month of the year from 1 to 12 (January to December)
day: It isthe third argument that represents the day of the month from 1 to 31.
WEEKDAY: It returns a number from 1 to 7 identifying the day of the week of a date
serial_number: This represents the date of the day that you want to find.
return_type: This is optional. A number that determines the type of return value.
Let us take an example:
- We have Year & Month in column C&D.
- In column E, we want to find the date of first Saturday of the intersection of Year & Month.
- In cell E5, formula would be
- To check whether the formula has returned the correct output, we can use Text function.
- In cell F5, formula would be
- If we change the Year or Month, then our formula will return the date accordingly, say if we change the year to 2014