To calculate required date according to two criteria, we will use MIN function along with IF function in Microsoft Excel.
- MIN function search for minimum value within a range
- IF function checks define condition is meeting or not
Let’s take an example,
Columns B & C contain test dates and paper deadlines for each of the subjects listed in column A.
A test requires 3 days of preparation and a paper requires 5 days.
For each subject, we want to calculate the earliest date required to start preparing for either a test or a paper.
Follow below given steps:-
- Write the formula in cell D2
- Press Enter
- The function will calculate the required date
- To return the all preparation date copy, use the same formula by pressing Ctrl+C and paste in the range D3:D6 by pressing Ctrl+V
In this way, we can calculate the require according two criteria in Microsoft Excel.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at email@example.com