In this article, we will learn how to save a customized workbook as a template in Microsoft Excel 2010.
To save a customized workbook as a template, which can be used to create more workbooks instead of starting from fresh workbook, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Click on File ribbon & select Options
- Click Save
- In Save workbooks section, enter the path to the personal templates location in the Default personal templates location box.
- Click on OK
After this setting, all the custom templates you save to My Templates folder will display in Personal on the New Page.
- Open the workbook you want to use as a template.
- Click File & select Export menu.
- From Export, click on Change File Type.
- In the Workbook File Types box, double-click Template.
- In the File name box, type the name you want to use for the template.
- Click Save & close the template.