In this article, we will learn how to make Scatter graph in Microsoft Excel.
Scatter Chart is used to show the relationship between sets of value and to show scientific XY data.
Scatter Chart contains 7 types of Column charts, Scatter, Scatter with Smooth Lines and Markers, Scatter with Smooth Lines, Scatter with Straight Lines and Markers, Scatter with Straight Lines, Bubble, and 3-D Bubble.
Scatter with Straight Lines
Let’s take an example and understand how we can use the Scatter chart in Excel.
Follow below given steps:-
- Select the range A1:D22.
- Go to the Insert tab, in the charts group, select Scatter, from the drop down list select Scatter with Straight Lines.
- Go to the Design contextual tab, and choose any chart from the Chart Styles group.
- Click on Add Chart Element, a dropdown list will appear.
- From the drop down menu, click on Data Labels.
- After clicking on Data labels, again dropdown will appear. Now, click on center.
- To add the chart title, double click on the title.
- Rename the text as per the requirement or you can delete it.
This is the way we can create Scatter Chart in Microsoft Excel 2010 and 2013.