In this article, we will learn how we can add a trend line in a chart in Microsoft Excel 2010.
Let’s take an example to understand how we can add the trend line.
We have sales performance data in which we have the agents name and the amount of achieved sales. To insert a horizontal average line in the Chart, follow the below given steps:-
- Select the range of data, go to the insert tab, click on column chart and click on 2D chart.
- After inserting the chart, two contextual tabs will appear namely, “Design” and “Format”.
- From the “Design” tab, choose the “Chart Style”.
- To add the Trend line in the chart, just right click with the mouse on the series of sales amount.
- You will get pop up. Now, click on Add Trend line option.
- A trend line will appear on the chart.
This is the way we can add the Trend line in the Chart.