In this article, we are going to learn how to count the numbers or a series of numbers when a certain criterion is set in Microsoft Excel. To solve this problem, we use COUNTIF function.
What is COUNTIF function?
On the basis of condition, to count the numbers within a range, we use COUNTIF function.
How we will use COUNTIF function to count the number in series of numbers on the basis of criteria?
Let’s take an example to understand:-
We have numbers in column A & Criteria are set in cell B2, B3.
- Enter the formula in cell D2
- Press Enter
- The function will return the numbers which will be falling under the criteria.
- COUNTIF(A2:A11,”>”&B2), we will get 13 as the output
- COUNTIF(A2:A11,”>”&B3), we will get 9 as the output
- Hence, 4 (13-9) is our output.
If you liked our blogs, share it with your friends on Facebook. And also you can follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org