In this article, we are going to learn to calculate the Absolute difference between each list and the Minimum Value in the list.
To solve this problem, we will use ABS and MIN function.
- ABS function is used to return the absolute value of the number.
- MIN function will help to find out the minimum number within a range.
Let’s take an example and understand:-
We have number range in Column A. We want to find out the difference, from every number to minimum value.
Follow below steps:-
- Enter the below formula in cell B2
- Copy the same formula in the range
In the above image, you can see the difference in the values from the minimum value.
Let’s take another example:-
Let’s say we have same number in vertical position then how will we carry out the same calculation?
- Enter the formula in cell A4
- Copy same formula in the range B3:G3
Now you can see in the above image that we just have changed the cell reference and we are getting correct result.
We would love to hear from you, do let us know how we can improve, complement or innovate our work and make it better for you. Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org