Flipping Properties: Generate Instant Cash Profits in Real Estate
||List Price: $18.95
Amazon.com Price: $13.27
- Media: Paperback
Publisher: Dearborn Trade Publishing (July, 2001)
- Average Customer Review:
Based on 43 reviews.
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 129
Flipping real estate made easy and legal
If you're interested in flipping real estate, or the quick buying and selling of property then this is the place to start. Author Bronchick, a Colorado Attorney is an very qualified investor who draws on his experiences buying and selling property and that of his clients and associates. Flipping has recently gotten notoriety from fraudulent activities of false appraisals and other fraudulent activities. The Authors tell you how to work as a flipper and do it legally. There is a glossary in the book as well as 5 appendices listig good deal checklist, sample ads, sample forms, state foreclosure guide, and internet sources. The text of the book is 154 pages and the glossary/appendices are another 55 pages. You may not find everything about flipping in this book, but this is the best place to start if you want to flip real estate, or even if your just curious to fid out more about the business. I for one would have liked to see more depth and more information about flipping in this book.
This stuff works and I'm living proof!
I received a copy of this book when I joined my local real estate investment group earlier this year. I read it cover to cover in 2 days, then went out and did exactly what it said in the chapter on marketing.
I put out 1,500 flyers and door hangers with a "We Buy Houses" message, plus a few dozen plastic lawn signs with the same message. Within a month, I received about 15-18 calls and found a real motivated seller in foreclosure. I signed up a deal with the seller and flipped the property to another investor in my local real estate association for a [$$$] profit (I used the contract provided in the book, with a few modifications recommended by my local attorney). The closing process was a little more involved than I imagined, but the basic principles taught in the book are accurate. I am now working on my second deal and should make [$$$] or so when it closes.
If you are looking to get started in real estate, this book will cover all of the basic fundamentals you need. I also recommend Robert Shemin's book, "Secrets of a Millionaire Real Estate Investor."
This book made me $10,000
This book literally made me $10k.
I have spent thousands of dollars on real estate courses, seminars, etc, and this book contains 90% of what I learned in those courses and seminars. the info is laid out in clear, easy to understand language, and Bronchick goes into detail on all the various strategies so I could go out and use them.
Whenever a buddy of mine sees how much money I am making in real estate and wants to get in the business, I buy him or her this book. I consider it the BEST and least expensive way to get a really detailed overview on property flipping.
Back to the $10k. Before reading this book I never really understood how to buy a house "subject to" the existing financing. People had always told me it couldn't be done. Well, this author was smart enough to tell it like it is. I bought 4 houses subject to the existing financing in the last 6 months, and I saved OVER $2500 on EACH house doing it that way (as opposed to getting a new loan or needing to use expensive hard money loans). That made the downpayment on my new BMW!
Everybody wins when I buy a house subject to: the lender gets their back payments made up, the seller gets some cash to get on with their life, and I save on all the costs of getting a new loan. It really works great.
FYI - I'm not a rank beginner. Even though I've only been in the business 2 yrs, I have made cash profits of over $95,000 since January 1 of this year.
Loved the book, Mr. Bronchick - THANK YOU!
RECOMMENDED Finance, Business & Investment books
- Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in, That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not!
- Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
- Retire Young, Retire Rich
- Financial Risk Manager Handbook, Second Edition
- Monte Carlo Methods in Finance
- The Sweet Potato Queens' Big-Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner
- Financial Peace: Revisited
- AWAKEN THE GIANT WITHIN : HOW TO TAKE IMMEDIATE CONTROL OF YOUR MENTAL, EMOTIONAL, PHYSICAL AND FINANCIAL
- The New Financial Order: Risk in the Twenty-First Century
- The Laws of Money, The Lessons of Life: Keep What You Have and Create What You Deserve
- Investing for Dummies, Third Edition
- Mortgages For Dummies®
- The Total Money Makeover. : A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
- Millionaire Real Estate Mentor : The Secrets of Financial Freedom through Real Estate Investing
- Infectious Greed: How Deceit and Risk Corrupted the Financial Markets
- The Intelligent Investor: The Classic Bestseller on Value Investing
- The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book On Value Investing, Revised Edition
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
- Investments + S&P Card + Powerweb + StockTrak discount coupon
- Essentials of Investments with Standard & Poor's Educational Version of Market Insight + PowerWeb + Stock Trak Coupon
- Real Estate Finance and Investments (Real Estate Finance and Investments, 11th Ed)
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Road Trip
- Who Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money--That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
- A Mathematician Plays the Stock Market
- Investing in Real Estate, Fourth Edition
- Yes, You Can Time the Market!
- Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People
- Now, Discover Your Strengths
- Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms
- Personal Finance for Dummies
- Fish! A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results
- Flipping Properties: Generate Instant Cash Profits in Real Estate
RECOMMENDED MICROSOFT EXCEL TIPS