Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money--That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
||List Price: $16.95
Amazon.com Price: $11.86
- Media: Paperback
Publisher: Warner Books (01 April, 2000)
- Average Customer Review:
Based on 1165 reviews.
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 50
I don't like to read, and I am a very slow reader. This book is over 200pgs. and I finished it in one day. It's that interesting. I would recomend it to anyone who wants to take control of their financial situation.
A Good Overview of the Philosophy of Personal Finance
I found this book to be a very good introduction into the philosophy of personal finance. The author, through an exploration of his experiences with his two dads, provides an excellent discourse on the logic of intelligent personal finance.
This book does not attempt to peddle a system of "striking it rich overnight". But instead explains the importance of intelligent money usage. My personal favorite was the comparison roughly stating that income is equal to employees, and they can work either for you or against you. I'd recommend this book to anyone wishing to increase their financial security and/or buying power through intelligent money management.
Changed the Way I Looked at Things
I must tell you, as an accountant, I had it all wrong. I had, mistakenly so, always thought my house was an asset. How wrong I was. And most books I have read in this genre never speak of tithing (which I believe to be a necessity...after all, look was God gave us...his son, Jesus Christ). This is the first book where TITHING was brought up as being necessary. Hooray for Mr. Kiyosaki!
My 18 year old nephew read the book and just about came up off the couch!! Now he spends his spare time reading financial information books and magazines. He is determined that, following Robert Kiyosaki's simple plan and suggestions, he will be wealthy...and never have to worry about lack.
Why isn't this book a mandatory read in high schools??? And, speaking of schooling, it's the first book I have ever read where a real distinction was made between "education and learning" and "going to college."
I have ordered other books by this author after reading this marvelous "biography" of Mr, Kiyosaki's early life. And to Mr. Kiyosaki I can say only this, "Thank you for sharing your secret with all of us."
RECOMMENDED Finance, Business & Investment books
- Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in, That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not!
- Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
- Retire Young, Retire Rich
- Financial Risk Manager Handbook, Second Edition
- Monte Carlo Methods in Finance
- The Sweet Potato Queens' Big-Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner
- Financial Peace: Revisited
- AWAKEN THE GIANT WITHIN : HOW TO TAKE IMMEDIATE CONTROL OF YOUR MENTAL, EMOTIONAL, PHYSICAL AND FINANCIAL
- The New Financial Order: Risk in the Twenty-First Century
- The Laws of Money, The Lessons of Life: Keep What You Have and Create What You Deserve
- Investing for Dummies, Third Edition
- Mortgages For Dummies®
- The Total Money Makeover. : A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
- Millionaire Real Estate Mentor : The Secrets of Financial Freedom through Real Estate Investing
- Infectious Greed: How Deceit and Risk Corrupted the Financial Markets
- The Intelligent Investor: The Classic Bestseller on Value Investing
- The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book On Value Investing, Revised Edition
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
- Investments + S&P Card + Powerweb + StockTrak discount coupon
- Essentials of Investments with Standard & Poor's Educational Version of Market Insight + PowerWeb + Stock Trak Coupon
- Real Estate Finance and Investments (Real Estate Finance and Investments, 11th Ed)
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Road Trip
- Who Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money--That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
- A Mathematician Plays the Stock Market
- Investing in Real Estate, Fourth Edition
- Yes, You Can Time the Market!
- Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People
- Now, Discover Your Strengths
- Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms
- Personal Finance for Dummies
- Fish! A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results
- Flipping Properties: Generate Instant Cash Profits in Real Estate
RECOMMENDED MICROSOFT EXCEL TIPS