The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book On Value Investing, Revised Edition
||List Price: $19.95
Amazon.com Price: $13.97
- Media: Paperback
Publisher: HarperBusiness (08 July, 2003)
- Average Customer Review:
Based on 5 reviews.
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 47
This is a solid treatise on value investing. Although it may not be fully appropriate for the types of markets we are facing right now. As always Benjamin Graham has a solid approach to investing that fits a long term approach.
Right now with all of wall street's shenanigans it is hard to determine if the company's value is truly stated. Plus with derivatives taking over the marketplace it is almost impossible to just stick to one approach to investing. Especially in the short term. That is why I recommend the book "Futures For Small Speculators" in addition to this book if you want a strategy for the short term and the long term style of investing that will be necessary in the 32st century.
Nothing new here
Why would anyone actually spend money on something like this is my question. We've heard it all before, and our portfolios have collapsed along with everyone else's. Why does this author get a big advance when the rest of the world sees their investments fall apart? It just isn't fair!
The updated commentary makes this book a more enjoyable version than previous editions. If however you are already a believer in the Grahm school of thought you might as well read Security Analysis and skip this one. Security Analysis is FAR more in depth. For those of you who do not believe in the Grahm method, this probably won't convince you. I give this book four stars simply because it qualifies as some sort of classic, as far as investment books go. And Mr. Zwieg has done a good job including more current info and examples.
RECOMMENDED Finance, Business & Investment books
- Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in, That the Poor and the Middle Class Do Not!
- Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
- Retire Young, Retire Rich
- Financial Risk Manager Handbook, Second Edition
- Monte Carlo Methods in Finance
- The Sweet Potato Queens' Big-Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner
- Financial Peace: Revisited
- AWAKEN THE GIANT WITHIN : HOW TO TAKE IMMEDIATE CONTROL OF YOUR MENTAL, EMOTIONAL, PHYSICAL AND FINANCIAL
- The New Financial Order: Risk in the Twenty-First Century
- The Laws of Money, The Lessons of Life: Keep What You Have and Create What You Deserve
- Investing for Dummies, Third Edition
- Mortgages For Dummies®
- The Total Money Makeover. : A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
- Millionaire Real Estate Mentor : The Secrets of Financial Freedom through Real Estate Investing
- Infectious Greed: How Deceit and Risk Corrupted the Financial Markets
- The Intelligent Investor: The Classic Bestseller on Value Investing
- The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book On Value Investing, Revised Edition
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap... and Others Don't
- Investments + S&P Card + Powerweb + StockTrak discount coupon
- Essentials of Investments with Standard & Poor's Educational Version of Market Insight + PowerWeb + Stock Trak Coupon
- Real Estate Finance and Investments (Real Estate Finance and Investments, 11th Ed)
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- Adventure Capitalist: The Ultimate Road Trip
- Who Moved My Cheese? An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money--That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
- Real Estate Loopholes: Secrets of Successful Real Estate Investing
- A Mathematician Plays the Stock Market
- Investing in Real Estate, Fourth Edition
- Yes, You Can Time the Market!
- Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People
- Now, Discover Your Strengths
- Dictionary of Finance and Investment Terms
- Personal Finance for Dummies
- Fish! A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results
- Flipping Properties: Generate Instant Cash Profits in Real Estate
RECOMMENDED MICROSOFT EXCEL TIPS